Re: FCC examines potential for e-mail charges!

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, Mary Burgess wrote:

> Hi Patrick -
> 	You have the correct e-mail address.  This is not a website, just a
> special e-mail address to handle comments on the issue.  If it did not work
> for you the first time, there may be a server glitch.  Those are usually
> temporary, and will ultimately respond.  We have had friends nationwide use
> this address successfully, so keep trying.  Thanks for your interest, Mary

In case everybody hasn't heard yet, this is the latest chain-
letter-urban-legend-virus circulating on the Internet.  There
was a proposal *last year* by the phone companies to charge
*ISPs* for connect time, but that was rejected way back
in the spring of '97.

Linda B. Merims
lbm@ici.net
Massachusetts, USA