Re: picket lines

Me too. I don't really sleep much in camp. I always have one ear open for
Star. And I think he does for me too. He talks to me during th e night.
Once, however, I woke up in the middle of the night and checked on him and
he had the rope wrapped around his legs. He was just standing there waiting
for me to rescue him.

I learned as a youngster, longer ago than I care to remember, how quickly
horses get themselves, and us into trouble. When I was 14, I tied my horse
to a picnic table on a concrete patio. BAD IDEA i found out in a split
second.... She moved her head, the table scraped on the patio and made a
bad noise, and the rest is history.... smashed picnic table, broken bridle,
runaway horse on a busy road...I still wish I could thank that guy who
jumped out of his car adn threw his arms around her neck and wrestled her
to a stop!

chris paus & star