Re: AERC Completion Time & the weather

>>  Does this mean those riders were wimps?  That their horses weren't
>>  good enough for endurance?
>
>In my opinion, no, it means the ride should have been canceled due to extreme
>weather conditions.

Clearly a western rider.  While what Joe refered to was extreme - even for
the Southeast, if we cancelled rides here because of high heat/humidity our
riding season would be short indeed.  I rmember the Castle Rock ride of a
few years ago and had to smile at the description of the conditions.  Those
conditions describe the conditions of a lot of the Southeast rides.  Eighty
degrees and 80% humidity can be fairly normal for the East, in particularly
the Southeast.

In FL the lowest humidity I have seen reported by the weather bureau is 45%.

Truman

Truman Prevatt
Mystic "The Horse form Hell" Storm
Little Stormy - getting ready for her first ride in six years
The Rockman, a.k.a Misty Jr.
Jordy, a.k.a. Bridger - Finaly getting his shot

Sarasota, FL