Corrals, Yards etc. for rides.

Just a thought on the accomodation of horses at rides. I have always used a
portable electric yard setup, which my horses respect, but recently heard
about an incident in Queensland where some horses stampeded through these and
got killed or injured on roads etc. The PVC idea is a great one, being
visible and light to handle (I do not like metal yards due to their weight
and problems with transporting them) but worry that my horses would probably
work them out and lean on them or pick them up and walk off! An idea that I
thought might work, is to attach electric insulators to the inside of the top
or middle rail and put tape on those, attached to a portable battery unit,
hence solving the problem of abuse by horses! I do like the idea of having
somewhere to put my saddle while saddling - would the PVC be strong enough
for this?
Cheers, Carol and the gang.