Re: AERC completion time rule - feedback wanted

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998 16:49:27 EST, Chaco L <ChacoL@aol.com> wrote:

>So, here's the ride manager's dilemma:  Half the riders stayed on the trail
>and did the complete ride.  But they did not go through the first vet check.
>The other half went through all vet checks, but missed some of the trail and
>came in an hour later than they would have had they stayed on the trail.

>What would you do as a ride manager?

This is a tough occurence, but the correct action is clear from your
summary above.  The riders who followed the correct trail get their
placings -- it was not their fault the vets were not in the right
place.  The riders who went off-trail to the vets (and otherwise
completed OK) get completion only.

Unfortunate, but I don't see what else you can do after the fact.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net