Re: ridecamp-d Digest V98 #41

Truman,

	I found that rice bran had just the opposite effect of calming on one of
my horses.  (The other horse thrives on it and we have no problems)  I was
feeding one pound per day and it just seemed that my horse did not know
what to do with all of the extra energy he found from it.  It definitely
made him more spooky and high strung.  I know that it is supposed to be a
supplement in which to keep weight on (which it did) and not add hyperness,
but it did in my case.  I also know of several other people who's horses
had the same reaction.  I have also talked with several vets who have seen
the same phenomenom.  Once I took him off of it, he returned to his old
self.  Nothing else in his diet or training had changed.  Kim.