re: training thread

I was finally able to take several dressage lessons last fall from an instructor who didn't look down on my Paint for not being TB.  It was so amazing.  It was like all the stuff we had been fighting all summer finally made some sense.  Such as posting the trot-I was working so hard at trying to do all I had read about that I was working too hard to feel what it was supposed to be like.  Kristen put Buddy on a longe line and kept him going and let me work on my trot and it was just like a lightbulb.
Now I can trot longer than 2 minutes and still breathe.  Amazing!  I haven't been able to afford any lessons over the holidays but am hoping to start again in Feb.  If I ever win the lottery-I am going to hire her full time just for me.  Now we need to work on adapting what we are learning in the ring when it is just us- to working that well out on the trail with others.

Carrie and Buddy