re: training thread

Trish,

I think you are very wise to do the dressage lessons.  Base level dressage
is very well rooted in horsemanship (with 100's of years of history to
back it up.)  But the most important thing is working with a good instructor.
A good instructor in almost any horse field will know how to relate to
both horses and riders. They have seen and worked with a lot of horses
and riders, which gives them a heck of an advantage compared to most
of us who have ridden just a few horses for several years each.

>The dressage seems to be working well--and I can do it
>without a round pen.  But I'd like to do both

Cheers,
Teresa