Re: Paso Finos

Dear Janice,
People tell me it's even worse, being behind The Roan on mud or gravel.  It
has been suggested that we be banned from muddy rides until we come prepared
with mud-flaps!  ;^D

The Paso gait is very comfortable, even for long distances.  My back and
hips don't hurt like they do when riding a trotting horse for only a short
(20 minute?) ride. That doesn't hamper my ability to enjoy the beauty and
athleticism of a trotting horse strutting his stuff in the ring or on the
trail, though, and I have met more than one awesome TWH and Foxtrotter, too.

It's nice to be able to enjoy the beauty of all the breeds that compete in
our sport.  I think that the very best breed of all is the one sitting right
in your own stable, that nickers when he sees you coming with the bridle,
and in whose company you lose the cares and pressures of the world.

Happy Trails,

Patty and The Roan (you should see how far I can fling snow-balls when I get
in                      high gear...)