Re: Paso Finos

<< They are very good trail horses in that they
are very willing to go forward, over just about anything.  However, they
also tend to be less sure-footed, I think.  Cosqui, at least, with her
head up and legs just a-pumping, manages to put her tiny little feet in
every hole and trip over every tree root on the trail. :)>>

I find all this talk about Paso Finos very amusing and really enjoy reading
everyone's opinions.  Don't stop because someones toes are a bit sensitive,
everyone has an opinion.  My only experience with the Paso was on a CTR in
Indiana where I got stuck behind a lovely mother and daughter team, (horses
and riders) who were having a lovely time on their beautiful little horses
who where happily churning up the dust into my and my horse's face for at
least a half mile.  I finally had to pull my tee shirt up over my nose.
What a hoot!  You can bet I worked hard to stay in front of them for the
remainder of the ride.  I don't remember how they placed, but I'm sure they
had as much fun as I did. And don't discount the gaited horses.  I have a
friend who rode a TWH on many a CTR and placed exceptionally well.  She
enjoyed the ride too.  Speaking of which, don't you guys get sore from the
shuffleing of the seat bones in constant contact with the saddle?

Jan, who likes a little air under her as she proceeds.