Re: long backs & arabs...questions

<<So yes there was talent there in Cash and in Rio, but I would be willing
say there was probably other horses out there with as much or more raw
talent.  But raw talent is only the starting point.  The rest comes from
good hard work.

Truman>>

Couldn't agree more.  I've always believed a 'fair' horse will do  well
under an excellent rider, were as he will fail under an inexperienced or
poor rider. A 'good' horse will excell under an excellent rider, were as he
might just make it under an inexperienced or poor rider. A' natrually born
talented horse' will be a super horse in the right hands and will do well
for the inexperienced rider.  A poor rider won't do well no matter what
he/she rides.  So it is up to us as riders to educate ourselves in all the
facets of the sport.

Also, it is just pure luck sometimes that these 'naturally born talented
horses' fall into the right hands and taken to the level that these riders
are capable of.  Yes, there are lots of these horses around too, not
necessarily in a large breeding establishment either.  I've found that
small breeders are more concerned with what their favorate mare is going to
produce for them than the large breeders who seem to go for the fad of the
day.  So sometimes it's hard to find those super horses, but less so now
that more breeders are actually breeding for it.

Jan