Re: Biothane Halter

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Sullys Maze wrote:

> I have bridled horses for friends that have the bit hangers that
> clip to the halter or headstall and I find it tricky to fumble with
> the snap, often while the horse is fidgeting.  Often too, those

For those of you that care....generally speaking (not true for all horses
and all types of bit) those "snap to the halter" bit hangers do not place
the bit in the horse's mouth "properly."  Not for when it is just hanging
there, but when you apply the rein.  This is especially true for curb bits
or any bit that is designed to have some "action" on the poll of the
horse.

kat
Orange County, Calif.