Re: rider exercises

REPLY TO 01/06/98 20:10 FROM ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: rider exercises

[70248] TUE 01/06/98 20:10 FROM ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: rider exercises;
        30 LINES

Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 21:22:42 -0500
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
From: Truman Prevatt <truman.prevatt@netsrq.com>
Subject: Re: rider exercises

>As a note, I have a physical disability that prohibits running/jogging or
>any product thereof.  Please tell me that something else works.

Try a bicycle or even swimming.

Truman

--------

Also, if you have access to a good health club, some have ERG's, or
ergometers.  An ergometer gives you both a cardiovascular, and
almost total body workout.  It is commonly used in rowing (sculling)
programs to both train and condition, and also assess rowers.
It is NOT a rowing maching, per se.

Right now I am pretty frustrated.  My great running efforts have
been stymied by some heel bursitis, so I can't currently walk, run
or biccle aggressively.  Unless I can a swimming pool pretty quick,
or
join the over-priced health club with the ERG, I don't know what I
am going to do!

After spending months getting the running up to 10 miles, it is
pretty discouraging to look at the prospect of turning into a blob
again.

I DO think this is endurance related.  I believe some degree of
physical fitness is essential for good, balanced riding.  In my
case, all the running was in the hopes I could find a partner and do
a ride and tie this year.

Karen

To:  ridecamp@endurance.net