"lame horses"

I have seen many riders try to argue vets out of eliminating their very
lame, sore horses - not a pleasant sight or sound!

I am known as a wimp who will pull my horse in a second.  I have learned
that Molly never ever lies.  If she points her nose back to camp instead
of charging out - we're through!

The problem?  Molly does have a gait aberration.  She has a defect in her
left hip and sometimes swings her left leg in.  She is under constant vet
supervision and vet ordered shoeing for this problem.  Competitive riding
has only made her stronger and stronger.  My vet says it's the best thing
for her condition.  When I got her, she didn't know what a left lead was
and never took it.  She was flat and flaccid on that side.  Lessons, vet
supervision and distance riding have made remarkable changes!

Once in a while, a vet who doesn't know her will insist she is lame -
even though I fully announce the problem at the pre check.  At one
particular ride, I even brought a note from my vet as the ride vets at
this particular ride always object to her entering at first and think I
am running a "lame" horse.  The vet was not pleased, but she was very
professional and fair.  The ride vets who have seen her most often have
seen major improvement and have patiently taught me the difference
between her hip problem and other "actual" lameness (which she has nevery
been at a ride).

If this means she is "always lame" I guess I can live with that in as
much as I know I am not running her sore or causing damage.  I also only
respect the ride vets all they do over and beyond for our horses.  So
what can those of us do if we happen to have a horse with aberrations?
Should there be a specific filing form on the condition filled out by our
vets?  Has anyone else faced this?

Beth and Miss Molly Hot to Trot (Lame? Huh! Just get out of the way and
let me do my thing!!)