Re: trail safety

>Do you riders prefer dirt roads to single tract trails that require
>horsemanship?
>Do you feel uncomfortable on a trail that is 3 feet wide alongside a
>drop off?
>If you have ever ridden the Mt. Laguna Ride, do you feel the trail is
>too dangerous for endurance?

As the mother of the Jr that fell off the cliff, this trail is not any more
dangerous than any other.  Our incident was purely an accident.  This is
also a very close to home trail, and we have actually gone out there for
training rides. !

I feel you need to go slow when the trail dictates, whether it is rock,
cliff, thick brush, ice/snow or whatever.  Our horse took a bad step and
slipped/fell.  That can happen anywhere, this time it just happened in a bad
spot.

I would hate it if all rides were only on jeep roads.  I hate prolonged jeep
road trails.  I much prefer a good mix of road and single track.  My mare is
excells at single track!

I vote for mixed trail!  Leave Mt Laguna as is!

Becky Hackworth
Alpine CA

Katies' Mom