Re: Endurance Fashion?

Hi Bruce,

For footwear, try the sneakers designed for riding. They are terrific! And
nicely unisex. I won't go back to regular boots after wearing the riding
sneakers.

Hey you macho types -- On my way back from a long ride today, my Star and I
saw a jogger who was definitely not concerned about anyone questioning his
manhood. He was wearing HOT PINK spandex jogging tights and running through
a neighbhorhood in rural Kansas where you are just as likely to meet up
with some Bubba types!

Now I'm not advocating hot pink on guys -- just wanted you to know some
guys are confident enough to handle it!

chris paus & star

At 09:06 AM 1/1/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Having been a blue jeans and cowboy boot type all my life, I quickly
figured out that Wranglers = skin loss when competing in endurance. So
despite being a long and lanky type, I am looking at purchasing the spandex
riding pants. What brands have the rest of you guys tried, vendors?

> I have the feeling that my cowboy boots and spandex may not be the best
fashion statement, so what type of boot or shoe do you prefer? I have seen
quite a few people in running shoes, but somehow I don't think that I would
feel comfortable riding in them.

>I expect that the new fashion statement might get some real strange looks
from some of the "cowboy" crowd I ride with, so the Wranglers & boots won't
be retired completely <g>.