Endurance Fashion?

Having been a blue jeans and cowboy boot type all my life, I quickly figured out that Wranglers = skin loss when competing in endurance. So despite being a long and lanky type, I am looking at purchasing the spandex riding pants. What brands have the rest of you guys tried, vendors?

 I have the feeling that my cowboy boots and spandex may not be the best fashion statement, so what type of boot or shoe do you prefer? I have seen quite a few people in running shoes, but somehow I don't think that I would feel comfortable riding in them.

I expect that the new fashion statement might get some real strange looks from some of the "cowboy" crowd I ride with, so the Wranglers & boots won't be retired completely <g>.

Bruce & Star (No Horselaughs allowed!!!)