Re: Controlled Starts vs Non Controlled

     Cheryl, re: control starts...some rides that have a very flat start
with pavement the first 1/2 mile, I like to be controlled.  The Derby
Ditch ride here is always a fast ride and has such a start for the first
1/2 mile.  Thank goodness.  I'm a middle to the back of the pack starter
but alot depends on the kind of start.  I may start at the front if the
ride has a good hill at the beginning.  I LOVE a hill at the start.
   It is easier to control the horse and the edge is off by the time you
crest the top.
Linda

Linda Eisele & Sareei and
hubby, Allen & the Iceman