Re: More on SAD

What you need is the right bloodlines. I had two mares who ran with the
stallion from April until Sept. I seperated the stallion and put him in
his winter run. He gets out a couple of times that following winter, I
did not worry because the mare were bred, Ya right! Did they have spring
babies like they were bred to have? No way, they had one on January 7
and the other on Febuary 11. The first one was in -20 below f., the
other one was born when it was -10 below. Both foals did just fine. Born
with full winter coats. The one was only two weeks old when it got down
to -40 below. Was the warmest horse in the barn, since he had warm
momma's milk to drink when ever he wanted.

 I guess the mother to my mares was the same way. Could try all summer
to get her bred but she would be more likely to get bred on the shortest
days of the year. Here in ND in January it starts to get light at about
7:30am and is dark by 5:00pm. Figure that one out.

Lynette