Re: horse that crabs

In a message dated 12/24/98 11:15:29 AM Pacific Standard Time,
arabs2go@yahoo.com writes:

<< The crabbing phenomenon is so common in dogs that we usually describe
 a horse that travels that way as "dog trotting".  I think its normal
 for most dogs although I can't explain it. It's not the way we like to
 see our horses travel but obviously some do it without major problems. >>

I've had two or three horses over the years that did this crabbing or dog
trotting.  My main objection to it is that while the horse is traveling on an
angle, I'm still trying to sit straight in the saddle, and that puts an
uncomfortable twist in my spine. But I could never see that the horses
suffered from the way they traveled.

BMc