stirrup length/type saddle

Hi, I'm a new subscriber and consider myself a greenhorn at endurance, even though I've been in it for 3 years. Thought I'd share that I went from English riding to a Bighorn endurance saddle, which cost me only about $500, more in line with a schoolteacher budget than custom saddles. I replaced the stirrups that came with it with Animal Tacker ones that are wide and rubber-padded. I am very content and comfortable in this saddle. I am able to keep my legs sufficiently under me to post or stand comfortably over hills or on flat land.Hope this helps.
-Mary Fields, the Texas grandmother who finished her first Tevis this year and thought it was the thrill of her life thus far!!