Dont wear bells in bear country....

Bears do not recognize bells as belonging to humans and will come
investigate.  It is an old outdated belief that bells will keep away bears.
Current research has reveiled that making Human noises, chatting, talking,
singing, forwarns a bear of a Human's approach.  Bells can very well make
them curious and they may find you to investigate....

So don't wear bells in bear country....and remember....
     *** bigger is better in the bear world ****

Kimberly (former bear research in Glacier Bay, Alaska)
& Mystery the Morab (.... but that bear we saw this summer was cuteeeee!)
Pt.Reyes, CA

   "If the Great Spirit had desired me to be a white man he would have made
me so in the first place.  He put in your heart certain wishes and plans,
and in my heart he put other different desires.  Each man is good in His
sight.
   It is not necessary for eagles to be crows."  ..... Sitting Bull 1876
(brother to the bear)