Fw: Around the Mountain & mental conditioning

> Hey, I always sing on the trail.  How can someone be out riding and not
sing?
> That's like seeing a rainbow and not smiling.

> Joe Long

I agree with Joe!  I happen to have paid my way through college "singing
for my supper", and although opera (my bread and butter) is not exactly
conducive to keeping friends nearby (maybe that's why everybody trots by so
fast!), I sing less hard-core songs when I'm riding to help me with
cadence.  I'm fond of "Waltzing Matilda", and my 11-yr-old daughter and I
have made it through many a frozen-Montana-sleet storm doing our duet of
"Singing in the Rain"!  We also have a now famous (or is it infamous?)
Christmas caroling on Horseback party where ALL of my horses, from
weanlings on up, get subjected to a bit of Christmas Cheer, with their own
sets of Reindeer antlers, jingle bells and a fair amount of tunefull and
not-so-tuneful crooning after dark.  I think it helps us with the late
night vet checks...desensitization!  Mary Burgess