Re: Sanctioniong of AERC Rides

Joe Long wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Dec 1998 07:31:12 -0800 (PST), K S Swigart <katswig@deltanet.com>
> wrote:
>
> >According to my reading of the rules, there is nothing that allows for
> >sanctioning by other organizations.
>
> There is also nothing that prohibits it, whereas we have many years of precedent
> (particularly in the Midwest Region) of rides having CTR's sanctioned by other
> organizations run in conjunction with AERC sanctioned endurance rides.  Under
> the U. S. legal system, it isn't a case that anything that isn't specifically
> permitted is prohibited ... it is that anything that is not prohibited is
> permitted.

And since most rides are run on public lands the AERC would one heck of a time
enforcing a prohibition of other events.  If it were run on private lands they
would have even a harder time.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm with one on the way
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.