Re: Sanctioniong of AERC Rides

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998 07:31:12 -0800 (PST), K S Swigart <katswig@deltanet.com>
wrote:

>According to my reading of the rules, there is nothing that allows for
>sanctioning by other organizations.

There is also nothing that prohibits it, whereas we have many years of precedent
(particularly in the Midwest Region) of rides having CTR's sanctioned by other
organizations run in conjunction with AERC sanctioned endurance rides.  Under
the U. S. legal system, it isn't a case that anything that isn't specifically
permitted is prohibited ... it is that anything that is not prohibited is
permitted.

<snip>

>It will be interesing to see whether more rides other than those in Canada
>decide that AERC sanctioning is too expensive and not worth the bother and
>just decide to santion through their regional organizations instead. It
>would be a question of whether you want to make everybody at your ride pay
>the AERC so some of the riders can participate in the AERC's national
>awards program.

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the issue that finally motivates the
Canadian endurance riders to form their own national organization and pull out
of AERC altogether.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net