Limited Distance Changes

I would like to respond to the comments I've seen on Ride Camp regarding

Limited Distance.  Maybe this will shed some light on many assumptions.
Last year the Limited Distance committee published a survey (twice in
Endurance News). This survey was an official format to let the committee

know what kind of Limited Distance Program AERC members wanted.  We also

accepted and encouraged response from from non members and for everyone
to distribute the form for response.  Hundreds of surveys & letters came

back, the committee's recommendations were based on the survey, the
survey
results were published in Endurance News.  I presented the
recommendations based on
survey data at the mid year meeting.  The 0-49 by-law change was not
proposed by the Limited Distance Committee, it came from the Competition

Committee.  The Limited Distance Committee was not asked for it's
opinion on the subject prior to presentation, it may also interest you
to know that the Limited Distance Committee opposed the by-law change.

If you want to reach the people in power, you must use the system,  the
Limited Distance Survey was your way to let us know what you wanted from

the program, if you chose not to respond, it's the equivalent of
complaining about the government and not voting.
You can talk on ride camp all day long, but if your not part of the
proces that governs the organization, it has little meaning.  As members

you can be part of the process.  I respond to letteres & e-mails sent
directly to me as Limited Distance Chairperson, I also respond to
non-members,  I like to think of non-members as potential members.
Limited Distance varies greatly across the country, one thing members
asked for (93%) was standardization of the Limited Distance Program,
66% also rode in other AERC events, this means 66%
are not newcomers.  Only 19% of respondents said this was their first
year riding in competition.

If anyone would like the survey results, send your request to
"sgrahl@flash.net", any other questionsfor the Limited Distance
Committee can be sent to the same e-mail address, as Limited Distance
Committee Chairperson I am seeking Committee members in regions not
currently represented:
Midwest, Northwest, Southwest, Northeast & Mountain

WANT TO DO MORE THAN TALK ABOUT LIMITED DISTANCE ON RIDECAMP?  HERE IS
YOUR BIG CHANCE!

Sue Grahl
AERC Limited Distance Chairperson
sgrahl@flash.net