Re: Here's why

In the past AERC considered the LD 25 - 35 mile ride a novice ride, not a
race, with our placement awards.  Sad, but in my area, West, there are LD
riders who race the distance and want finishing times recorded.
Now don't you old timers think that the same thing will happen on a fun ride
distance of 15 miles?  I bet we will eventually have riders racing a 10 or 15
mile event and screaming for placement awards here in the West.
We hold the line, or we realize that we may be putting on races at shorter
distances than we conceder endurance.   IS IT WORTH THE MONEY?

Lynge Simoni