Re: Ride fees

I am not sure that $10 is a fair price - but I do believe that membership
should "have its privileges". Otherwise, what is the point? There is a huge
majority of people like us - we ride to finish several times a year, as much
as we are able to schedule in - and sometiems this is twice a season. I don't
want to subsidize a bunch who won't join for whatever reason. We are not
wealthy people eother, and it seems to me that, along with a non-member fee,
the dues should be  brought back in line with the actualy cost of doing
business in a non-profit organization - nto based upon some whacked out new
computer whatever. Quite frankly, I sitll don't believe for a minute that THAT
expense was necessary. The updated program, yes, but the cost? Having a PC
programmer/trouble shooter/software designer in the family (the guy is a
stinking GENIUS!) I am well aware of how economically upgrades can be done at
the custom level. So....bring the DUES back down to an attractive level for
new people - and oldies alike! - and THEN begin charging $10 non-member fees.
THEN we have a vehicle that makes membership attractive, not a waste of money.
Sheesh. I better go clean stalls - talk too much this morning.