Re: Ride fees

In a message dated 98-11-30 11:10:26 EST, SandyDSA@aol.com writes:

<< I am not sure that $10 is a fair price - but I do believe that membership
 should "have its privileges". Otherwise, what is the point?  >>

I don't think any of us DISagree with that statement, Sandy.  What bothers a
lot of us is that people are being asked to join or fork over extra $$ before
they even have a CLUE what the sport is all about!  Higher membership numbers
is one good way to help keep the dues DOWN.  To do that, we not only need to
keep old members, but we need to attract new ones.  The "fun" rides do exactly
that--then they have to join to get the privileges of membership, once they
find out what we are and that this is FUN.  Unless they make that first step,
and unless it is inexpensive and user-friendly, a lot of folks will never
start.  Sure, those who really KNOW that this is what they want will still
come ride--but it is those unsure souls who will test us out if the
circumstances are right who eventually become the rank-and-file endurance
riders that make up the vast majority of this sport and our organization.

Heidi