stall running

> Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 00:40:39 EST
> From: CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com
> To: 4horn@home.com, lpopp@pa.net
> Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: Re: Racing horses and making money....
>
> In a message dated 98-11-26 23:59:59 EST, 4horn@home.com writes:
>
> << What is the difference between EXPLOITING your horse for a dollar or
>  exploiting your horse (riding endurance) for YOUR enjoyment? Seems
>  pretty much the same to me.
>   >>

> I agree that it is irrelevant whether the goal is money or enjoyment.  What
> bothered me about the post to which lpopp referred was the insinuation that
> even if there was a problem with the horse, as long as he was winning, it was
> not important to fix it.  ti is right to be concerned about the horse's
> problems, even though the horse is going to the winning post.  A HEALTHY race
> horse runs because he loves it, and it doesn't matter to him if you win money
> for his effort or not.  No more than a HEALTHY endurance horse who enjoys his
> job cares one whit about whether you get points or career mileage for what he
> does.  The bottom line is that a HEALTHY horse should always be the goal,
> regardless of the discipline.
>
> Heidi
Carl writes;
I am surprised at you Heidi??????? I would have expected more from
someone who states that they have around (practiced on the track) and
understands the racetrack vernacular. One that knows the business knows
that only healthy horses win (make money for their owners) and that
unhealthy horses only cost their owners money. According to class of the
horse and where he/she is running can a horse win if they are below
100%. Tom didn't say what class this horse was in or what class they
expected him/her to be racing in.If this horse is an allowance horse and
is running for 10K claiming then he/she needs to be fixed,but if the
horse is an allowance horse and is winning in allowance company
,,,,,,what are you going to fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carl