Re: Tevis Weight Requirement Abolished

In a message dated 98-11-26 16:35:15 EST, trailride@foothill.net writes:

<< Since the weight
 requirement was established in 1964, the average weight carried for the
 Tevis Cup winner is 182.6 with average age of the horse at 9.8 years and
 the average weight for the Haggin Cup winner is 178.4 with average age
 of horse at 9.1 years. >>

Very interesting that these AVERAGES are so much higher than the minimum
requirement was.  I would love to see the stats for some of the FEI rides,
too, as personal knowledge of several of the riders leads me to believe that
the majority of them are well over the minimum weight requirement.

Heidi