Re: stall runner

In a message dated 98-11-26 14:09:41 EST, Tivers@aol.com writes:

<< In racetrack lingo, "turning out" means stopping training and putting the
 horse to pasture. In my meaning, I was talking about "stalling" the horse in
 pasture--bringing him in every morning for his race training.

 ti >>

The latter is what I think we have all been talking about, although there have
been some private discussions off list about the fact that the former is what
the trackers would interpret the phrase to mean.  I have always thought it
would be beneficial to have more turn-out area at tracks (I know space is
precious) where horses could at least take turns having a few free play hours
a day.

Heidi