Re: stall runner

In a message dated 11/25/98 8:43:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
zebella@northrim.net writes:

<< Ok, call me stupid, but I can't see how turning a horse out in a small
 paddock during the day is going to make him "loose" his training?  Or is
 it necessary to keep him wound up and nervous in a stall to make him run
 well?

 tracy >>

In racetrack lingo, "turning out" means stopping training and putting the
horse to pasture. In my meaning, I was talking about "stalling" the horse in a
pasture--bringing him in every morning for his race training.

ti