Re: Helmets Part VI, VII, VIII, & IX

Teddy,

Read the comment before you jomp on my case.  In our suit happy society
it is a matter of time before this issue goes before the legal system.
With the overwhelming evidence concerning helmets - don't take my word
contact the medical community - helmets minimizing injuries and with
horse back riding being one of the most dangerious things one can do, I
think it is only a matter of time that not requiring helmets in
orginizied endurance rides will be viewed as negligence.  The FL equine
zero liability law does not protect against negligence.

If I run an equine facility in FL and require all riders to wear a
helmet then the neglect argument related to helmets and head injuries
cannot be used against me.  If I don't require helmets and a green rider
falls off and crunches his head, then the negligence argument may be
deemed as valid.

So I feel that this issue will have to be addressed at some point of
time by the endurance ride sanctionings organizations. That was my
statement and my only point.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt