Re: Riding helmets

My horror story about helmets: At Greenway Gallop, 1997, I was cantering the
last mile of the 25 when my horse fell from under me! He went down so fast, I
had no time to try to break my fall. I landed on my forehead. All I could do
was tuck my chin a little. I have been riding since I was 11 (am 40 now), very
experienced rider. There was nothing I could do. My helmet was crushed in the
front, I ended up with a bruised nose only! The horse was fine, I crawled back
up and trotted on in for the completion. I even was able to drive home the
next day with no problem. This is the only time I have fallen in something
like 15 yrs! To the "Non wearers", this should be a lesson, but usually my
helmet is used for more mundane things like keeping the branches off me, or
getting the spider webs, etc.
Leigh Preddy