The real spongin' prize

Lynda,

You are obviously in the wrong sport if you would take a shabby $125,000
+perks over a trophy with a sponge in hand.  We endurance riders ride for
the glory and bragging rights...not monetary gain.  Being in Texas,
perhaps you'd like to start hanging out with the free-style reiners where
your creative outfits could involve more sequins which might chafe after
49 miles...(the legal distance  you know)

I know you'll secretly be green with envy when you read the following
post from Liz in Massachusetts.  Try to contain yourself.  I think it's a
wonderful idea and am planning a trip to the fabric store for some
taffeta and glitter paint.

Angie

>snip<

>By the way, at the Equine Affaire, I saw a little girl wearing a sash
>that said "Little Miss..... (don't remember what, actually)"  The sash
>was pink, as was her saddle pad, outfit, breast collar, etc.  The pink
>clashed terribly with her horse's color, but that is beside the point.
> Back to the sash.  She wore it in her demonstration, then had it on
>later in the day as she roamed through the trade show.  And again the
>next day, as I saw her watching other demonstrations.  It got me
>thinking.....  A sponger as good as yourself shouldn't have to go
>around in public unrecognized.  I think you should make yourself a
>sash (you have to make it yourself, as you are a self-proclaimed
>champeen) that declares you Spongin' Queen.  Then, I think you should
>wear that sash.  Alot.  To every horse related event.  Trips to the
>feed store.  Down the road to pick up a load of hay from the
>neighbor/farmer.  To the sawmill to pick up shavings.  On training
>rides.  Putting gas in the truck.  You get the picture :-).
>
>Don't worry when the white van with the nice men wearing white outfits
>starts following you.  They just want to learn more about your
>talents...
>
>Liz

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]