Re: SADDLE FITTING

I took my mare to Rocking B Saddle shop for a fitting a few months ago. As
most of you, I don't want to do the "great saddle hunt" thing, so I asked what
could be done to improve the fit of my saddle (I have a Boz). He used shims.
They don't move with the Boz because the comfort bars (pad) is attached with
lots of velcro, so I slip the shims under the pad between the pad and saddle
and reattach the velcro all around. I has worked great, no more dry spots and
my mare moves out much better. She acually seems happier with her work and
allows me to catch her more easily than before. The shims I use are cut from
egg-crate foam, extra thick like upholstery shops use. BTW the fitter told me
that the only saddle he believes would trully fit my mare is the treeless
sports saddle. She has downhill comformation, wide shoulders, no withers!
Leigh Preddy SE