Re: big trot

At 04:51 PM 06/11/98 EST, you wrote:
>Hi again -
>
>I don't know that you can expect windpuffs to never reappear once you have
>gotten them started (our vets on this list would know that answer), but my
>thought is to minimize any further wear & tear while the system strengthens
>this area so eventually my mare will be able to do 50 or 100 miles with no
>further damage.
>
>Before using support boots & the rub & wrap system, she was getting fluid in
>the tendon sheath besides the windpuffs, so I backed off & regrouped &
decided
>what I needed to do was better leg management & train for better response at
>faster gaits so when we hit those rough spots maybe I could save some
twisting
>& turning on those ankles.  The other consideration is how much training on
>hard surfaces & how to save some concussion there (am following the easy boot
>discussion with great interest).
>
>I know the training takes forever, but feel it is worth the time as we really
>are supposed to be the brains of this team (contrary to horse belief).
>
>Keep up your training,
>
>Lori, Sky & Packy
>AZ

Hi Lori,
	My last reply to you "bounced back"--it was copied to ridecamp, tho, and
you obviously read it there.  We'll see if this one goes.
	Yes, it's probably too late for much of this in my case, since I bought
this guy as a 10 year old, and he already had them.
	I am basically just wondering, with regards to future purchases, whether
the "big trot" predisposes a horse to problems.
	In the meantime (sigh) we are working on our half-halts.....

Thanks, Terre>