Wintek saddles

From: Diane Nelson
Email: safehavn@fast.net

For the money a Wintek may be an excellent choice if it fits your horse well.  I have tried virtually all but the Stockman models and have found that the Wintek puts my leg in a correct position - more so than any high-priced leather saddle, no matter what the brand/model.  The main problem is that even the "wide" tree tends to be too narrow for many Arabs and can seriously pinch the withers/shoulder area.

The Thorowgood did not work as well for me or my horses but the saddle itself seemed to be well-made.  I felt "perched" on the horse - and the Martin gave me the same feel.

I currently have a Wintek dressage sport 2000 model that I'm using on a 3 year old who is narrow built.

Unfortunately, the only way to make an informed choice is to borrow one, try it, etc.  Every "body", every horse is different.

So many saddles, so little time.

Diane in Allentown, PA