Re: Horse Height & Bone

Hi Frank,
When you say something like "please stand down a bit", I interpret that
as either "get off your high horse" or "settle down, don't get excited"
- I'm not sure which, but either one seemed an overreaction to Susan's
clarification of her statements.  Similarly when you said "don't throw
statistics at me", it shows that you seem unaware of their importance in
science and technology. Yes, I'm aware that sometimes statistical tests
are selected that are less powerful just so folks can say there was
statistical relevance. But allow Susan to describe her work in whatever
way she feels appropriate so we can all decide how to interpret her
results.
>>    All opinions, scientifically researched or not, are not
>>inherently valid.
>>They're just "opinions".
I disagree with you there, and refer you to my previous post to you.
There is a difference between an opinion and scientifically defensible
result. However, sometimes the outcome is the same, ie. opinions may be
validated by scientific results. Other times, opinions may be absolutely
wrong - perhaps proven so scientifically. Folks can waste a lot of time,
money and horses by following incorrect hearsay.

I get the sense you are a good horseman, and I'm not knocking you on
that.  Just let science help us where it can, and encourage any research
that will benefit endurance in the long run (I'm sure you do).
Mia