Long Leaf/easyboots

Hey ya'll

Just talked to Ruth Gaddis (manager of the Long Leaf).  She said that the
18 mile road loop that we do first and last on the 100 was "as hard as
concrete last week, but then we got that little bit of rain and that
helped".  Wow, 36 miles of that sounds scary right after we've been
discussing road founder, fractured coffin bones, etc.

I'm planning to look it over before I decide whether to do 50 or 100, but
I want to do the 100 if possible.  The weather should be perfect.  I'll
put easyboots on the front, and if I can get hold of some a friend was
going to sell me, I'll put them all around.  Anybody have any experience
with how this affects them on hard surfaces for extended distances?  Do
you think it will help enough?

I've never had to do anything special to use easyboots on the front, (no
vet wrap or anything).  Kaboot has never been ridden with them in the
rear.  He can wear a one in the rear (barely) when he's not shod, but
needs a 2 with shoes on.  Hopefully they'll stay on.  He's done lots of
traveling with them on the front and has never lost one.  Would a few
wraps with the vet wrap on the rear hooves help?  I only want to use them
the first and last 18 miles, so I don't want to make them too hard to get
off.

Angie McGhee & Kaboot
Wildwood, GA
Rides2far@juno.com
Kabootnme@aol.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]