Hauling the Nervous Horse

From: Roxanne Kopp
Email: jkopp@ohio.net

I have a 2H BP Stock trailer.  My problem is my new horse. He seems to hate it (unlike my older horse who loved the room).  The new horse shifts around and kicks out , he has done quite a bit of damage to the walls and escape door. He is so nervous that by the time we get to the local trails just ten minutes away he has worked himself up and is dripping with sweat.  I tie him on the passenger side front tie ring and drive as slowly and carefully as possible.  He is a 3/4 Arab 1/4 Saddlebred, 4 years old.  I need him to be able to travel calmly so we can start conditioning. I have been working on loading and unloading and he will do that.  Any suggestions or will this get better as he ages?  Thanks, Roxanne and Keyboom