Re: WEG:Deep sand/High Humidity

> And with all due respect with regards to your comments about western sand
> being too gravelly and not deep enough. You need to come and ride in
> southern Utah before you start making wild statements like that. :)  And
> in southern Utah there is that fine, deep, sugary sand....ON the
> mountains...at 7,000 ft of altitude with a 15% grade.

Oh Puleeese, I have ridden in southern Utah and that is not fine sand.
I have to chuckle when people talk about sand.  You want sand come to
the Ocala national forest.  I've ride both areas and there is no
comparison.  If it ain't hock deep it ain't sand.

> "The climate is hot and DRY (emphasis mine).  Rainfall averates only three
> to four inches annually...The average January temperature (sorry it
> doesn't give me December) is 65 deg F (18 C)....vegetation is scanty and
> largely limited to low shrubs..." (sounds like Mojave to me).

The climate in the mid east is for the most part dry - it is a desert
after all.  However, if you recall some recent history and read your
newspaper during that time you will remember that the overcast weater in
the middle east in Dec and Jan hampered the US's ability to get
reconnaissance during the Gulf war.  This is the time of the year when
the weather can be some what unstable.  My memory from the couple times
I was over there Gulf war was that there were some days it was more
humid than I thought it should be.

So on the average it might be dry, but it could also be humid period -
there is
some very warm water around.

There has been a lot of people associated with the team Talking the
Talk.  Hopefully they can Walk the Walk. We are, I am sure even Carl and
Jerry, pulling for them.  But only time will tell.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Mystic “The Horse from Hell” Storm