RE: Re To Tall Horse

Sorry, I really have to disagree with you regarding "the bigger the horse the more comfortable", unless you're talking about ponies versus horses.

Our horses are all 14.2-15.0 and ride like the Rolls Royce of horses.  While I've ridden others the same size and larger where that was not true.  I belieive comfort of gaits depends on conformation/ balance not size.  Our 14.2 endruance horse Dusty with almost 3000 miles travels side by side with a friends 16 hand Mustang at the trot.  Dusty's tremendously powerful rear end propells him forward with ease, combined with his great balance and conformation, he is a joy to ride for this old body.  I know he is not an exception to the size vs comfort discussion.

The other advantage is, the smaller the horse, the closer to the ground if and when you fall; you can ride under  trees faster and not get knock off  or hit by the limbs; the smaller horse can graze on tall grass at the walk or trot without \missing a stride.

Bernita BArfield
Southwind Arabians
Sierra Vista AZ