Re: Re To Tall Horse

This was a discussion on our traing ride this morning.  I am almost six
feet tall and cannot synchronize to the rhythm of any short (horse under
15- hands) horse I have ever ridden.  I can almost always synchronize my
rhythm fairly eaisly to most horses over 15-2.  Some of the in between
heights I can and some I can't.

I believe there is some basic physics at play.  Taller people have
longer legs which would lead one to believe that their resonant
frequency of posting ( the frequency that requires the least energy so
is the most comfortable) would be lower than a person with shorter
legs.

Now the resonant frequency of a short horse - again because of limb
lenght - will in general be faster than that of a taller horse.  I
believe in my situtation my resonant frequency of posting is mort
matched to the resonant frequency of a taller horse.

This may be why shorter people perfer shorter horses and taller people
perfer taller horses.  Of course I am not discounting that may be as
simple as shorter people don't like to fall far and that tall people
don't like to replace the bottoms of their riding shoes.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Mystic “The Horse from Hell” Storm