The little ones...

I've been following with interest (and amusement) the discussion on tall
horses vs. short horses.  I've owned horses 16 hands tall and last weekend
purchased a four yr old that is 14 hands on his tiptoes.  Really, when it
comes down to it, height hasn't ever been a factor for me.  I'm 5' 8 and
around 135lbs, I pick my horses for conformation and mostly, because I
enjoy riding them.  I've had horses I loved riding of every height, breed
and color.  And I've seen horses from 13 hands to 16 hands do well in
endurance with riders of all sizes.  I think it depends on the individual.