new NW ride update; endurance TV

We are hammering out details of a probably 15 pleasure-training/30 LD/50
endurance ride in way northern Idaho... looks like it's a go!  If it does
well, we intend to add more mileage options in future years.  It will be at
Schweitzer Mountain ski area just outside of Sandpoint ID, located along
highway 95 approximately 50 miles south of the B.C., Canada border.  We've
already been cautioned not to make it too tough or the riders won't come back,
LOL!

Dates being considered are Sept. 11th or 18th.  (The open AERC ride date we
wanted in August is being used at Schweitzer for a mountain bike race.)  They
have a dirt parking area with plenty of room for any type of rig.  Lots of
water via hydrants and hoses, they have to manufacture snow some years.  We
will probably have vet checks in camp, easier on vets, staff and crewless
riders.  Schweitzer will have the lodge open for use and will cater our awards
dinner even!  Question-- is the dinner fee usually included in entry fees?
Or, for catered dinners, is it a separate fee?  What are representative fees
and for what kind of food?  (the facilitator is talking about prime rib... too
expensive/fancy?)

We have a head vet lined up and after our next meeting, next week, will apply
for AERC sanctioning.

Re the Tevis segment on National Geographic Explorer, I'd like to see it too!
I've emailed TBS and National Geographic asking if they have it on the
schedule at all... so far have rec'd a "we'll get back to you" form note from
TBS, and a more personal note from a Nat'l Geo Admin Assistant who can't help
me but is passing my request on to an appropriate staff member :-)

"Ready" aka Karen Bratcher and Bender-boy
Hayden ID