eucalyptus?

> As someone from CA pointed out, her
> horse will eat eucalyptes "when he needs it".

Did I read somewhere that eucalyptus leaves are poisonous
to horses? Or is it another one of those "if your horse
eats several tons of eucalyptus leaves they can be
poisonous"?

There are several eucalyptus trees where we board, and
our horses will consume the leaves from time to time
when they're munching the grass. They haven't dropped
dead yet from this habit, and it does give them nice
breath and make them more likely to be kissed. But
do a few leaves mean they'd test positive in a drug
test? Just curious...

Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@calweb.com
Repotted english person in Sacramento, CA

http://www.calweb.com/~trouble
http://www.calweb.com/~elsie