Re: hobbles for a stall kicker?

I saw my old Saddlebred trainer do something like this for a
stall-kicker, but he made his.  He just used two old leather dog collars
that were loosely fastened around the hind leg above the hock (he said
if you fastened them below the hock, they fell down unless they were
tight, and if they were tight, you could damage the leg, which defeats
the purpose).  He fastened several fairly long lengths of pretty heavy
chain to the dog collars, so that when the horse kicked, the chain fell
back and bounced against the back of the leg, theoretically unpleasant
enough to discourage the horse.  He said some people put rubber balls on
the end of the chain.

I really don't know how well it worked, or if it broke the habit or not.

Good luck.

Susan G