Re: Re: hobbles for a stall kicker?

I hope I do this right, I'm a first time poster. I'm sure there are others
much more experienced who will give you better advice, but here's something
you might try - a kicking shoe. It's a horse shoe that has been rounded so
that it fits through the cannon bone at the shoe's heel and drops down over
the hoof. When the horse kicks it really smacks them back. It works for some
and you can use a used shoe. *cheap* Just be sure to wrap the shoe in vet wrap
or something to *soften* it and make sure that the shoe is bent narrow enough
at the heels so that the cannon bone slips easily through it but not so large
as to be lost. Should just slide down resting on the top of the hoof. If you
don't want to use the shoe, you can use a shank of heavy chain and make a
"bracelet" but haven't heard that this is as effective.  Just an idea for you.
Good luck and good health to you and your horse.
KC